Free quote on domestic and commercial EPC's

Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

Domestic EPC

Sarcon Surveys Ltd are fully qualified and accredited energy assessors. We are able to produce domestic and commercial energy performance certificates. Our domestic EPC's cost £45 (inc VAT).

What is a Domestic EPC?

Domestic Energy Performance Certificates (EPC's) are needed whenever a property is:

  • built
  • sold
  • rented

If you are a landlord or a homeowner, you are responsible for ensuring that a valid EPC is made available to all prospective tenants.

An EPC is valid for 10 years and does not need to be renewed every time the property is put on the market for sale or rental.

An EPC contains:

  • information about a property's energy use and typical costs
  • general recommendations about how to reduce energy consumption and save money

How does an EPC work?

An EPC rates a property's performance in terms of:

  • energy use per square metre of floor area
  • energy efficiency based on fuel costs
  • environmental impact based on carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions

The energy efficiency rating is split into seven colour coded bands, rated from A to G. The green band, 'A', indicates that the property is very energy efficient with lower running costs. The red band, 'G', indicates that the property is not energy efficient and has higher running costs.

There is also a number displayed, from 1 to 100. The larger the number the more energy efficient the property will be.

The environmental impact rating is colour coded from blue to grey. Blue band indicates a very environmentally friendly property and lower CO2 emissions. The grey band indicates that the property is not environmentally friendly and has higher CO2 emissions.

These are also numbered, rating from 1 to 100. The larger the number the less impact the property has on the environment.

Sarcon Surveys Ltd provides EPC's to homeowners and landlords. Contact us today and we'll give you a free quote.

Here is an example of a domestic EPC showing the energy efficiency rating and environmental impact rating.

Domestic EPC showing the energy efficiency rating and environmental impact rating Back to top

Commercial EPC

Who needs a Commercial EPC?

You must have a commercial EPC if:

  • you sell or rent out the premises
  • a building under construction is finished
  • there are changes to the number of separate occupations that require extending/providing heating, air conditioning or ventilation systems

You can be fined between £500 and £5000 based on the rateable value of the building if you do not make an Commercial EPC available to any prospective buyer or tenant.

Displaying an EPC

You must display a commercial EPC in your building if all of the following apply:

  • the total useful floor are is over 500 square metres
  • the building is frequently visited by the public
  • an EPC has already been produced for the building's sale, rental or construction

EPC Exemptions

Some buildings do not require EPC's, these include;

  • places of worship
  • temporary buildings that will be used for less than 2 years
  • stand-alone buildings with total useful floor space of less than 50 square metres
  • industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings that do not use a lot of energy
  • some buildings that are due to be demolished
  • holiday accommodation that is rented out for less than 4 months a year or is let under a licence to occupy
  • listed buildings
  • residential buildings intended to be used less than 4 months a year

Sarcon Surveys Ltd offer commercial EPC's with a 72 hour turnaround. Contact us today for competitive quote.

Back to top

EPC Quote

Back to top

Back to top